explore + seek + discover + share + design + pioneer

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Emma Kate

As I've described, it's like a new pair of shoes.
But forget the shoes for a minute, because now we're relearning how to walk.
I'm forced to wear them but I can't even stand without losing my balance yet.
The sores come and go; they are old and new
But the more I think about how much my feet hurt, 
the more I'm reminded that this has nothing to do with me.
You are you, and I am I
Although I feel something inside me has died
I see now it's only the dimming of a light
The same light I will search the world for just to be near you
You've done more good for the world in your 17 years & 126 days of living 
than most people accomplish in a lifetime
FOUR blind people across this nation have guide dogs at their side
Thanks to you.
My word is Movement.
I think your word was Feeling.
You felt everything, quite literally
And not so literally, you feel everything again now.
Your word is Love.

2 comments:

  1. Becca, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Her last seeing eye dog was just recently placed! FOUR for FOUR!!! Brilliant... Such an important love of mine.

    ReplyDelete